There are the top two questions that I am asked most often when speaking with home sellers:
1. How can Home Staging increase the selling price of my empty home with minimal investment?
Home staging is all about maximizing your selling price while minimizing the time your house is on the market. It’s all about the packaging! Home staging is about preparing your home to show off its very best features while skillfully downplaying any flaws. Vacant homes are much more difficult to sell mainly because:
- It’s hard to understand how large a room is when there’s nothing in it.
- People can’t visualize how furniture will fit in an empty space and if they’re unsure, they won’t buy.
- When a room is empty, people are more likely to focus on any negative features instead of the details in a furnished room that causes prospective buyers to fall in love with the overall space.
- People don’t buy houses, they buy homes.
2. Why should I spend money on a house I’m trying to sell?
- While you may hesitate at the prospect of spending money to fix up a house you are selling, ask yourself if you can afford not to invest in selling quickly and for top dollar?
- Even in the most expensive home staging scenario, when a house is completely empty and must be repainted and completely furnished, your cost will be considerably less than your first price reduction if the house doesn’t sell when you need it to.
- Imagine the potential financial return of decorating and staging your home so that you attract multiple buyers and a possible bidding war!
- While there are no guarantees, statistics show that staged homes do sell more quickly and for a higher price.
- If you don’t believe this, spend a weekend going to open houses. Notice how drawn you are to the homes that show beautifully and how uninterested you are in the ones that don’t.
Forgie Home Staging & Redesign provides professional home staging, photo styling and interior design services throughout Palm Beach County, Florida, including West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and Wellington.