Curb appeal is so important when staging your home for Fall. And as the saying goes, “If they don’t like the outside, you’ll never get them through the front door”.
If you’re trying to sell your home and live in an area that enjoys the changing leaves, now is the time to make sure you take full advantage of all Fall has to offer!
Here are some things to keep in mind when staging your home to sell and creating beautiful curb appeal!
- Keep it simple but colorful! A beautiful wreath on the front door; some colorful Mums and a bright, orange pumpkin.
- Your lawn should look like a lush, green carpet! Offer to pay your child, or a neighbors child, to keep your lawn free from leaves! It’s a great way for them to earn a little spending money for the upcoming holidays!
- Make sure your mailbox is sparkling clean! Plant some color flowers around the base and replace the box if necessary! Lowes and Home Depot have some nice ones that are decently priced.
- Your entryway must be immaculate! Buyers pause here while the Realtor unlocks the door. Be sure that wherever they look, they only see fresh and clean!
- Check your gutters and make sure they are clean and free from pine needles and leaves.
- Put a fresh coat of paint on the front door and either touch-up or repaint the garage and all window trim if it needs it. Paint is one of the most inexpensive things a seller can do to spruce up the exterior of their home.
- Your side yard and backyard should be as beautiful as your front. Keep toys stored in the garage or neatly organized in one area of the yard. Outdoor patios represent additional living space to many buyers and should be attractive and inviting.
- Minimize or eliminate Halloween decorations. Not everyone recognizes Halloween and the last thing you want to do is offend a potential buyer.
For more tips or to schedule a home staging consultation, call Forgie Home Staging & Redesign! We serve the Waynesvillesand Asheville, NC area! 828-246-9303