Like most of my clients, I’m always on the hunt for furniture and home decor web sites looking for new products, home decorating and home staging ideas.
Pinterest has made this search so much easier and so much fun! If you’re not familiar with Pinterest, it’s basically an online bulletin board where you can “pin” photos of anything that inspires you. I’ve begun incorporating Pinterest into my business and my clients love it!
You can pin pictures of just about anything – recipes, puppies, wedding gowns, and vacation destinations, but if you are looking to better organize your design-centered Pinterest boards, it helps to have some quick tips to keep you organized and focused.
Here are 10 tips for creating interior design board themes on Pinterest:
- Home Decorating: Create boards for each room you are decorating. Post pictures of furniture, paint colors, and designs you love to help you visualize your project.
- Dream Home: Add anything and everything that you would include in your Dream Home if money was not an object! Have fun and be outrageous!
- Seasonal: Whether it’s a season like Summer or Winter, or a particular holiday like Halloween or the Fourth of July, create a board to inspire your seasonal decor or decoration ideas for an upcoming party.
- Mood or Color Themed: Pick a mood like romantic, or a color like blue, which beautifully and instantly unifies pins under one theme.
- DIY Ideas: Pin do-it-yourself ideas like how to create decorative chalkboard or how to install new flooring.
- Landscaping & Curb Appeal – Add photos of complete landscaping ideas that catch your eye as well as individual items you can add, like outdoor furniture, yard art or planters.
- Styles Boards: Create separate boards based solely on style. I’ve created separate boards for Shabby Chic & Vintage, French Country and Beach Inspired.
- Accessories: You can choose to create one board just for those gorgeous accessories you can’t live without, or several boards based on category – candles, tablescapes, lighting etc.
- Walls: Don’t forget the walls! Create boards that highlight your favorite artist, wall art or unique decorating ideas.
- Random: Anything goes! As you are browse through Pinterest, create a board that you can pin anything that randomly catches your eye.