Asheville home sellers are fortunate that right now, we are in a sellers market! That means that you have a great opportunity to sell your home fast and for the most money possible. The question becomes, how are you going to compete with all of the other homes for sale in Asheville?
Here are 10 tips to help you sell your Asheville home:
- Clear away all unnecessary objects – Go through each room and remove anything that isn’t 100% necessary! This includes end tables, collectibles, magazines, miss-matched chairs, extra pillows etc. Don’t strip the room bare, but remove anything and everything that you can. Your goal is to create a room that allows a potential home buyer to envision their own furniture and belongings in the room.
- Rearrange furniture to create more space – Go through each room and rearrange the furniture so that the room is as spacious as possible. As an example: remove chairs from bedrooms and extra chairs from dining areas.
- Clear the kitchen – Take a good, hard look at your kitchen, counters, tabletops and refrigerator. What can you remove? Consider placing small appliances, knife blocks etc… in a cabinet. Remove everything from the refrigerator. You can display everything again once you are in your new home! And of course it goes without saying that your kitchen should be spotless!
- Remove all unnecessary items from all bathrooms – Remove all personal items from the counters. Place them in a basket or bowl and store them under the sink. Clean out the shower/tub of bottles and soap. Keep them under the sink and out of site. Make sure any towels that you display are clean and either new or not faded, and coordinate in color.
- Take down pictures and rearrange artwork – Clutter can happen on walls as easily as it can happen in rooms. Too much artwork on the walls can make a room appear smaller than it actually is. Go through each room and remove or rearrange artwork to be appealing and complimentary to the style of the decor. Remember to remove any posters or taped artwork from your kids rooms!
- Paint – I can’t stress this enough. Painting is one of the easiest and most affordable things you can do to freshen and update your home. Paint in neutral colors only and pay attention to doors, baseboards and molding. A fresh coat of paint on the front door can work wonders!
- Clean the carpets – Have your carpets professionally cleaned and consider replacing any carpet that is badly stained or shows a lot of wear and tear.
- Clean all windows – Dirty windows are a big turn-off! Make sure your windows sparkle and let in lots of sunshine and light.
- Remove all odors – This is crucial. If you have pets or smoke, ask an expert how to remove the odor. Use caution when using plug-in air fresheners. Not all people like the smell of fresh baked cookies! If you decide to use plug-ins, be sure to choose a very light fragrance.
- Curb appeal – Stand out front and take a good look at your house. Do you need to trim trees and shrubs? Fertilize grass or plant flowers?
Keep in mind that if a potential home buyer doesn’t like the outside, you’ll never get them on the inside! And don’t forget the backyard and porches!
For more tips on how to sell your home, sign-up for our monthly newsletter or call us at 828-246-9303
Until next time,